Well it has been an adventure since he has been home. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow on Monday. He has adjusted on being home and we are glad he is home. But we do miss the nurses at the hospital because we are full time parents now, j/k. He has adjusted between night and day and sleeps for the most part at night. We usually go to bed around midnight or 1 AM after his feeding. Then he doesn't wake up until 5 or 6 in the morning. But we do have those nights of Ethan waking up earlier around 3 or 4 in the morning. So I am usually asleep but Kele wakes me up now to tell me it's my turn. Other people has asked me how he sleeps during the night and I say that as far as I know he does because I"m asleep. But I get up now because the wife is back to work and I"m watching him right now.
We love having him home and he still knows our voices. We feed him about every 3 to 4 hours and he lets us know when he is hungray. He eats about 80 ml (2 1/2 oz) every feeding. He is a burping king and likes to toot too.
This past week we had doctors appointments every day and sometimes twice a day. Some of the appointments are right next to the hospital and we want to just go next door and talk to our nurses but he isn't ready for the public yet. We do like our doctor, his name is Dr. Curran. He is really happy about Ethan and him gaining weight. He is at 7 lbs 8 oz right now. We had our doctors appointment in the morning on Friday and he was at 7 lbs 10 oz. Then a nurse comes out 2 or 3 times a week and she came that afternoon and his weight is 7 lbs 8 oz but he pooped twice so he might have shot out 2 oz, anyways!!!!
So things are good now and we love having him home now! Again Ethan thanks everyone for there prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment