Well Ethan has turned one and what a year it has been. Ethan had a birthday party at the park and it was a beautiful day too. We just had family and we had tons of fun and tons of presents for Ethan. Me and my dad went to the park around 10:30 in the morning to get a good spot because it was first come first serve but the party didn't start until 1 o'clock. We made a cake for Ethan so he can dig in it and get dirty. Well it wasn't the case, he first went to grab it he backed off. Like he didn't want to get his hands all messy. But we forced his hand in it and after he got permission then he dug in it. The other nephews and nieces were excited about his presents and you would have never guessed but some of them made noises. So they were playing with his toys before he opened them. It was good times. Well I had a fun time BBQ'ing and half the time the smoke was in my eyes because it was a little windy that day too. But the party was a success and our family had a good time to see Ethan grow for the first year.
Well this past week we called the doctor and told him that Ethan has been doing really good and hasn't been sick at all. Well right after his party he cut his little finger on a pop can and then the next day he bumped his head on his toy chest and had a bruise on his head. So I'm thinking this next year he will be accident prone. But he said we can get rid of the oxygen tanks and he called the company and they will be picking it up. He went to the doctor at the end of March and he is around 18 pounds. Our doctor is pleased with what we are doing.
Also this last week Ethan went to his first baseball game three time. Dad hasn't been to a whole series before so we went to the first series of the season. Our seats were the upper deck and the second row from the back. So Ethan was strapped on dad and dad had a nice little hike up to the upper deck and then hiked up to there seat, row 31. He didn't cry when the Diamondback scored a run. So since he did so well I got two tickets for the next game and mom came with us this time and we got tickets on the very back row that time. But this time I could watch the whole game because I had mom hold Ethan for the most part of the game. So I had one more game left and I didn't feel like hiking to the top of the stadium so I got a ticket for left field and I was three rows from the front. It was a fun time.
Also we had a nice fun visit from two of our primary nurses when Ethan was in the hospital. They visited for a couple of hours and couldn't believe how big and how well he has been doing. I guess at the time of the hospital he was really really sick which we knew but at the same time still shocked. So the Melissa and Rachel (our two nurses) had a good time seeing Ethan and holding him.
Well sorry for the long update but I will try to be better at it. Peace for now from the three of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment