Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Almost 8 weeks

Well big things has happen for Ethan. His weight has continued to go up and last night he was at 2 lbs 10 oz. So he loves his feedings. He has been peeing and pooping a whole lot, funny story. Sunday night when I was changing his diaper I put the clean one under him. Then once I lifted his legs up to grab the dirty one (just to let you know that he only went pee in there) he EXPLODE and poop all over the diaper. Luckily I avoided being hit from him exploding butt.

Today the doctors decided to take his breathing tube out. Because he has a bug in his lungs right now (it's not an infection). When the nurses suction him out there has been a yellowish color showing up and they think it's from the ventilator. So they took it out today around 1 pm today and he is on a C-PAD, bascially prongs that go in his nose for oxygen. So we will see if everything goes well. Overall his numbers are ok and hopefully it will be better once he gets use to not having the ventilator. Will keep you posted.

No comments: