Monday, May 12, 2008

Ethan breaking the 2 pound mark

Last Thursday Ethan hit 2 pounds for the first time. We got so excited and didn't know when he would actually hit it. Everytime we walk in the POD where he is at I always look at the white board to see where his weight is at. Kele didn't know until I told her. Then the following day on Friday he went down by 1 oz to 1 lb and 15 oz. Then Saturday he went up to 2 lbs 2oz, so he increased 70 gm, which is huge. We figure that he would drop a lot because he gained a lot but when the nurse weight him yesterday is actually increase 10 gm but he was still at 2lb 2oz.

We had a great Mothers Day yesterady. The Hospital or Ethan got Mom (Kele) a card with Ethan's footprints. I told the nurse that she should have opened that after my gifts because I can't top that. Ethan also got mom a frame with his name engraved on it with a cute picture of himself in it. So mom had a great day and it wasn't over, she got to hold him that night. Everytime we hold Ethan he loves it, his numbers are always normal and high sometimes (high is good, low is bad).

They said they were going to increase his feedings to 1.5 ml (.5 ml would be compared to 1/16th of a teaspoon) and might do it today. Ethan has been peeing alot and pooping a little bit. I don't know why I put this in but it's a good thing for Ethan to do that. We appreciate all your prayers you have giving Ethan.

No comments: